Please remember that athletic participation is a privilege. The standards listed below must be adhered to along with any other team policies that the coach has adopted. The athletic director and administration can be contacted throughout the year to discuss these policies or any other situations that may arise.
The following will be standards governing the student’s ability to participate in the athletic program of the school:
- Each athlete must have a yearly physical on file in order to participate in practices or games.
- Each athlete must be in school before 9:00 A.M. in order to participate in a game or practice that day. Any unusual circumstance may be excused only if prior approval is granted.
- Unexcused absences from practices or games may result in the athlete being suspended for the following game or from athletics itself.
- If an athlete receives three detentions in a nine-week period, then the athlete will serve a two-week suspension from athletics from the date of the last detention.
- If an athlete is suspended from school for any reason, then the athlete will serve a one-week suspension from athletics for each day suspended from school.
- If an athlete receives a failing grade in Bible, Math, English, Science, and/or History after the first four weeks of the season, the athlete will be suspended from the team for at least one week. An Academic Plan of Improvement will be issued by the Athletic Director and the student must adhere to the plan in order to be allowed to return to the team.
- Illegal substances are not allowed to be used/consumed in our athletic department. This includes but is not limited to alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and steroids. Athletes caught using these substances in school or out of school will be suspended from the team and referred to the Administration for further consequences.
- Hazing and bullying are not permitted in our athletic department. Athletes caught hazing or bullying another student from our school or another school, whether verbally, physically, or electronically, will be suspended from the team and referred to the Administration for further consequences.