What We Believe
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible and that the Scriptures reveal God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose for the ages.
- We believe in the Trinity of the Godhead, co-equal and eternal.We believe in God’s direct creation of man and universe, and do not subscribe to any of the evolutionary theories.
- We believe in the Deity and Virgin birth of Christ, His atonement for sin through His precious blood, His bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven, and His visible, personal, and pre-millennial return.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, formed by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that all believers are members thereof and are a holy and royal priesthood, and that this mystical body of Christ manifests itself in local assemblies of believers for the purpose of Christian fellowship, teaching and testimony, and for the administration of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe that every believer is indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit, hence a partaker of the Divine nature, and that the old nature is still present until the Christian is glorified.We believe that the Holy Spirit is sovereign in the bestowment of gifts, and He secures the believer until the day of his full redemption.We do not believe that tongues, healing, and other “charismatic” gifts of the Spirit are in operation today since these were Apostolic sign gifts.
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and in the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of every believer to be a witness and a testimony for Christ and that he must seek to win the unsaved to Him.